Various evaluation devices and skills to make full use of them
Deodorizing capability imparting technology is one of Suminoe Textile's flagship technologies. To work on the research and development, it is essential to analyze and evaluate odor. We have analytical equipment suited to different odor types, concentrations, and indoor environments.
Our Technical Center is equipped with instruments necessary to analyze and evalute odors. Staff there are familiar with the use of the odor analytical instruments and preprocessing techniques for odor sample evaluation, and utilize the expertise for a wide range of odor analysis and evaluation. By using various devices to evaluate odor, we are involved in the development of suitable deodorizing technologies for various environments.
Equipment 1: odor analysis equipment
- Gas chromatograph (GC)
- Gas chromatograph mass spectrometer (GC-MS) + optional sniffer unit
- High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
- Photoacoustic multi-gas monitor
- Odor identification systems
Equipment 2: a group of deodorization test chambers
- Measurement boxes (30 L/250 L in capacity and JEMA-compliant 1 m3）
- Various chambers (20 L/4 m3/12 m3 in capacity and GB standard-compliant 30 m3)
- Various analysis equipment suitable for different purposes and environments
- Highly reliable measurements conducted by staff skilled enough to make full use of analysis equipment
Participated in the international standardization of deodorization test methods
Suminoe Textile participated in international standardization efforts for methods of testing deodorizing capability of high-functionality fiber products. In April 2014, a deodorant test method using an odor identification system was issued as ISO 17299-5.